Welcome to the Orchid Notebook App information page. Orchid Notebook lets you build a personal database of your orchid collection.
Version 1.5.0 is now available at the iTunes App Store.
Orchid Notebook app for iOS 4.0 or later for iPhone/iPod touch/iPad allows orchid hobbyists and growers to track their orchid collections and wish lists in a database. The app also offers a reference section aimed at new orchid enthusiasts. The reference guide includes descriptions, care, and propagation of orchids. The Orchid Notebook was created as a way to keep track of growing orchid collections and expanding wish lists from a handheld device.
Orchid Notebook is being released with the realization that it is a work in progress and will be developed more fully through periodic upgrades based on the needs of the developers and customer requests.
* Learn basic information about orchids
* Discover how to care for orchids
* Read about propagation techniques
* Enter information about the orchids in your collection into the database
* Enter photos of your orchids in your collection
* Build a wish list of the orchids you want to buy
* Export your collection and wish list information via a comma separated value (csv) file allowing the user to import the information into a spreadsheet
* Save a backup of your orchid collection datafile and share it with your other devices (iPhone/iPad)
Collection fields (in the Orchid Database):
* Genus name
* Species name
* Grex name
* Orchid Information – awards, flower color, fragrance, fragrance description, size of plant, size of flower
* Orchid Purchase Information – price, date, source
* Have or Want – the orchids you want are color coded in red
* Growing Conditions – temperature, lighting, water quantity, location
* Orchid details – Mounted, potted, size of pot, month last bloomed, date of last spike,date repotted
* Orchid notes
* Photos of orchid – allows up to 3 photos of each orchid entry
If you need any help with Orchid Notebook, please contact Orchid Notebook Support.
What are you waiting for? Go download it.